Stress and Overwhelm Questionnaire
1. Do you feel you must always be actively doing something to be productive?
2. Do you feel guilty or worthless if you are resting?
3. Are you afraid to let yourself cry, or wonder if you'd ever stop?
4. Do you find it difficult to do nothing for at least half an hour each day?
5. Do you find it difficult to sit in silence with eyes closed for 15 minutes without your mind racing to a list of to dos?
6. Do you feel unsupported by household members when it comes to picking up, cooking, shopping, cleaning, as though the full burden of the household chores rests on you?
7. Do you sometimes feel you are going crazy or so pressured you might snap?
8. Do you contemplate suicide or wonder what it would be like disappear?
9. Do you dream about another life, one completely different than the one you are living?
10. Are you afraid to discuss how you feel with the people closest to you, fearing you will let them down or be judged as weak or selfish?
11. Do you cry often for no identifiable reason?
12. Are you afraid if something doesn't change, you might hurt yourself or someone else?
If you answered YES to 3 the questions above, you may be holding a system of beliefs about your role and responsibilities in life that serves others well, but not necessarily your own good.
If you answered YES to 4 of the questions above, you may be holding a belief that your role is to serve, regardless of the cost to your health and well-being.
If you answered YES to 5 or more of the questions above, you may be holding a belief that your wishes, desires and hopes are secondary to everyone else’s, and that your needs matter less than those around you.
If you answered YES to 6 or more of the questions above, you may be reaching a critical stage of stress or overwhelm. This state of dissatisfaction may not be sustainable much longer without damage to mental and physical health.
If you answered YES to most of these questions above, there is an energetic imbalance in your life that could lead to mental and physical health challenges. No doubt, you have many responsibilities and the way toward change may seem difficult, but remember, when on an airplane, you must first put on your own oxygen mask before you can help others. No matter what stage of life you are in or what roles you play in your family, you ARE valuable, and your health, happiness and well-being is important! It is critical that you find a safe outlet for big feelings of overwhelm and a loving place for support.
Click below to continue exploring:
Learn More about Lisa's Life Transformational Coaching
Read Testimonials from Lisa's Clients
Work with Lisa, book a session now